TotalEnergies applies PPA with Holcim US to indoor solar plant
TotalEnergies SE (EPA:TTE) has entered into an agreement to build and operate a 33 MW (DC) ground solar farm with a 38.5 MWh Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) at a cement plant in Colorado for Holcim US, part of the Swiss building materials group Holcim AG (SWX:HOLN).
On Tuesday, Holcim said the parties had signed a 15-year Power Purchase and Storage Services Agreement (PPSSA) to launch the project. As part of the partnership, the French multi-energy group will install and operate a solar power plant at the Holcim Portland cement plant in Florence.
Sign up for PPA Renewables Now Corporate Newsletter here for free!
Holcim has committed to converting all of its U.S. operations to 100% renewable energy by 2050. The power plant in Florence will reduce CO2 emissions by more than 40,000 tons per year, while offsetting more than 40% of current energy needs, Holcim notes. said.
According to PPSSA, the cement producer will receive about 71 GWh of clean energy from the new plant.
The hybrid power system is expected to start operating in 2025.
Dallas Press News – Latest News:
Dallas Local News || Fort Worth Local News | Texas State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Business News || Health News
- EPA administrator visits Cleveland to commemorate 50 years of the Clean Water Act
- Hair straightening chemicals may increase women’s risk of uterine cancer, study finds
- AEP wants regulators to lower reliability standards to allow for longer, more frequent outages
- Shaker Heights volunteers remove invasive plants near Doan Brook, restore native ecosystem, views
- Remote-controlled robots coming to Lake Erie will help remove, study plastic pollution
- How the tire-less pursuit of a cleaner river can unite the Mahoning Valley