On Christmas Eve, firefighters rescued a family with 10 pets from their home

CLINTON COUNTY, Ohio (WXIX) – A Wilmington family was left homeless after a fire on Christmas Eve.

Tracey Hunsford’s family made it out safely, as did their 10 animals. But she says it was hard not to sleep in their house.

“It makes your stomach hurt,” she said on Thursday. – It makes you sick.

The family was at their home on OH-73 on Christmas Eve when Tracy saw smoke coming from behind the couch.

“That’s when we realized the house was on fire,” she said. “We kicked out all the cats and dogs and called 911.”

Firefighters from the New Vienna Fire Department responded within minutes and the flames were contained to the wall, but the damage was done.

Tracey says it was an electrical fire due to mice chewing on the wires. Now the family doesn’t have most of the clothes, a few Christmas presents, and a home.

According to an online fundraiser, among the challenges they face is boarding some of the rescued pets she has adopted.

“Nerves on edge,” Tracy said. “Annoying. Stress.”

She warns the people living in the village to set up mousetraps to avoid similar fires.

See the spelling or grammatical error in our story? Please provide a title when you Click here report it.

Content Source

News Press Ohio – Latest News:
Columbus Local News || Cleveland Local News || Ohio State News || National News || Money and Economy News || Entertainment News || Tech News || Environment News

Related Articles

Back to top button