Featured events coming up in the Lima region
Greater Allen County Blues Society Open Jam
7 to 10 p.m. today
The Greater Allen County Blues Society is holding a jam session from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Lima Elks Lodge #54, 302 W. North St., Lima. Lovers of the blues will get to enjoy live blues music while helping to foster a love of blues for the next generation. Anyone is welcome to attend.
Spook Festival at Heritage Park
6 p.m. Friday
The entire family will be able to get into the Halloween spirit at the Spook Festival, set to start at 6 p.m. Friday at the west end of Heritage Park, 2092 Reed Road, Lima. The event will feature plenty of games, candy and food, enough to keep the most hungry ghoul and goblin happy. There will also be a scavenger hunt, a haunted trail, and plenty more family fun for everyone! Admission is $20 for kids 6 and older, with kids 5 and under admitted for free.
Trick or Treat at Safety City
Noon to 2 p.m. Saturday
The Lima Noon Optimist Club is opening up Safety City for its yearly Trick or Treat event from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at 700 S. Collett St., Lima. This event has been known to host between 2,000 and 2,500 children, so the candy will be sure to flow! Show off your best costume and enjoy seeing Lima’s landmarks in miniature!
Lima Symphony Orchestra’s ‘Folklore & Fusion’
7:30 p.m. Saturday
The Lima Symphony Orchestra is kicking off its 2022-2023 “One Heart, Many Voices” season with “Folklore & Fusion,” a musical journey that will take you to the near and far East. Master tabla player Sandeep Das will bring the sounds of India to Veterans Memorial Civic Center with Wijerantne’s “Concerto for Tabla and Orchestra,” while Rimsky-Korsakov’s “Scheherazade” will bring listeners to the world of “One Thousand and One Arabian Nights.” Tickets can be purchased online at
Instrumental Concert at Bluffton University
2:3o p.m. Sunday
Bluffton University’s music department concert schedule kicks off Sunday with an instrumental concert featuring the Bluffton University Concert Band under the direction of Dr. Roy Couch. Enjoy an afternoon of beautiful concert band music at this free event at Bluffton University’s Yoder Recital Hall.
• Bluffton Farmers Market: 8:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, Citizens National Bank Parking Lot, 102 S. Main St., Bluffton.
• Fall Craft Show: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Shawnee United Methodist Church, 2600 Zurmehly Road, Lima. Admission is $2 with children 12 and under admitted for free.
• Steve Parlato Artist Meet & Greet: 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, ArtSpace/Lima, 65-67 Town Square, Lima.
• Lantern Tours: 6 p.m. Saturday, Ohio Theatre, 122 W. North St., Lima.
• Decor Tray Scorch Session: 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Modern Plantsman, 104 E. Auglaize St., Wapakoneta.
• Jammin @ the Library: 5:30 p.m. Monday, Bluffton Public Library, 145 S. Main St., Bluffton.
• Free Community Meal: 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Zion Lutheran Church, 1300 Edgewood Drive, Lima.
Share your events by emailing [email protected]. Find our daily community calendar online at LimaOhio.com/calendar.
News Press Ohio – Latest News:
Columbus Local News || Cleveland Local News || Ohio State News || National News || Money and Economy News || Entertainment News || Tech News || Environment News